Staff Rules and regulations
Staff Rules and regulations,
Borderless world foundation (BWF)
Appointment/Assignment of Staff Members
- Staff members shall be appointed or assigned to posts according to the needs of the Borderless World Foundation, due account being taken of their qualifications/work experience as much as possible. This Regulation shall not apply to temporary staff members.
- Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday shall be a working day. Saturday and Sunday will be off. Any official holidays or uncertainty in valley shall be non-working day. Every staff member shall be present at work on every working day, except when leave is authorized.
- The normal working week for staff members in full-time employment shall be 42 hours per week, including time for meals.
- A staff member may opt to follow the fixed or flexible working time system, subject to the authorization procedure, which shall be prescribed in an Office Instruction. Working time for any staff member shall be eight hours excluding the lunch break. The schedule shall respect the “core hours” for fixed working time 9.00am to 5:30pm.The lunch break shall be at least 30 minutes long. In that system, the daily working time shall be eight and half hours as provided.
- Any staff member shall be present at work whenever requested on account of the exigencies of the service.
- Absence from the office premises shall be authorized in the following cases, for which the conditions shall be prescribed in an Office Instruction:
- Absence on official business or authorized training.
- Absence for a medical appointment.
- Absence for exceptional and important reasons.
- When leave is authorized.
- Staff members shall exhibit respect for all cultures, they shall not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals or otherwise abuse the power and authority vested in them.
Discrimination or Harassment
- Any form of discrimination or harassment, including sexual or gender harassment, as well as physical or verbal abuse in the workplace or in connection with official functions, is prohibited and will be followed by strict actions.
- For this purpose, sexual harassment includes such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances.
- Unnecessarily touching.
- A demand or request for sexual favors.
- Sexually coloured remarks.
- Showing pornography.
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature
Use of Property and Assets
- Staff members shall use the property and assets of the Borderless World Foundation only for official purposes and shall exercise reasonable care, when utilizing such property and assets. Reasonable personal use of the BWF property by staff members is permitted.
Communication of Information
- Staff members shall exercise the utmost discretion in all matters relating to official business. Except in the course of their official duties or with the permission of the senior member, they shall not communicate to any person any information known to them by reason of their official position which has not been made public. They shall not at any time use such information to their own advantage.
- Phone calls should not be made to female employees after 6:00 pm by any male colleague except messaging related to official importance.
- It is compulsory for every staff member to submit a detailed online everyday activity report on BWF workforce blog.
Confidentiality of documents, information or material
- Any agreement administered by the Borderless World Foundation is entrusted with the task of maintaining the confidential nature of such document, information or material of any kind. All confidential materials shall be placed under the exclusive control of staff members designated by the Chairperson shall be used only within the BWF team and shall not be made accessible to any non-designated employees, persons or authority outside the Borderless World Foundation.
Honors and Gifts
- Staff members shall neither offer nor promise any favor, gift, remuneration, or any other personal benefit to another staff member or to any third party with intent to perform any unfair action, fail to perform, or delay the performance of any official act. Similarly, staff members shall neither seek nor accept any favor, gift, remuneration or any other personal benefit from another staff member or from any third party in exchange for performing unfair action, failing to perform, or delaying the performance of any official act.
Official Travel of Staff Members
- The Borderless World Foundation shall pay the travel expenses for duty/field travel to eligible staff members. Duty Travel shall be defined as the Official Travel undertaken by staff members in furtherance of their official duties.
Information to be supplied by Staff Members
- Staff members shall be responsible for informing the Chairperson promptly in writing of any change which might affect their status and entitlements under the Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Staff members who are arrested or charged with an offense, or are defendants in a criminal action, or are convicted, fined or imprisoned for any offense other than a minor traffic violation, shall inform the Chairperson as soon as possible.
- The Chairperson may at any time request a staff member to supply information concerning facts prior to appointment which are relevant to his or her suitability, or concerning facts which are relevant to his or her integrity, conduct and service as a staff member.
Note: Any complaint regarding the violation of above given rules and regulations should immediately put into the concerns of BWF senior officials or a staff member can directly submit the online complaint on BWF Workforce blog.
- Contact Details of Senior Officials:
Mr. Adhik Kadam, Chairperson BWF-9422323569(email@example.com)
Miss Amruta, ——-BWF-9637899096(firstname.lastname@example.org)